Dr. S. Randolph Waldman is a distinguished Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and educator with an impressive range of professional credentials. He is dual board certified in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and in Head and Neck Surgery. With over 30 years experience Dr. Waldman brings unparalleled expertise in cosmetic procedures of the nose, face, and eyes.
In 1983, Dr. Waldman elected to return “home” and open his own practice in Facial Aesthetic Surgery. He now has over thirty years of experience in Lexington. During those thirty years he has also managed to write a number of articles published in scientific journals and has recently been the editor for two medical books on facial plastic surgery.
This recognition is awarded to less than 10% of doctors on RealSelf. This status is earned by achieving high patient satisfaction (as reported in RealSelf reviews), getting favorable feedback on their expert answers, and after investing significant time in Q&A and other doctor activity.
Dr. Waldman has been named one of the TOP 15 Influencers of 2015 in Plastic Surgery Practice Magazine. Click Here to View Article
Dr. Waldman has been named one of the 2015 Top 10 Plastic Surgeon’s in Middle America by Aesthetic Everything.
Voted one of the Top 10 plastic surgeons of 2013 by Aesthetic Everything – View CNN iReport.
- University of Louisville School of Medicine (1976)
- University of Indiana, Undergraduate (1972)
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (1991)
- American Board of Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery) (1981)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (1977)
- Tulane University – Fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery (1981-1982)
- Cleveland Clinic – Head & Neck Surgery Residency (1979-1981)
- Los Angeles County Hospital, University of Southern California – General Surgery Internship (1976-1977)
- University of Kentucky Associate Clinical Professor
- AAFPRS-Former Chairman of Public Information Committee
- AAFPRS-Former Chairman of Program Committee
- AAFPRS-Former Vice President for Public Information
- AAFPRS-Former Member of Executive Board
- AAFPRS-Former Member of Foundation Board
- Samaritan Hospital –Chairman of Plastic Surgery (2001-2002)
- Dr. Waldman has been published in numerous medical publications including some of the top journals of otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery.
- Dr. Waldman has also been interviewed and quoted by multiple lay media, including: The New York Times, Men’s Health, NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw and many other national and regional media outlets.
- Dr. Waldman is a believer in multi-disciplinary education, having personally chaired over 30 such symposia since 1991.
- As a scientific presenter Dr. Waldman is in high demand. He has presented on numerous facial plastic surgery topics around the world.
- Dr. Waldman is the founder and president of the Multi-Specialty Foundation for Facial Aesthetic Surgical Excellence. The Foundation is dedicated to multi-disciplinary education across the fields of facial plastics, plastics, oculoplastics and dermatology.
A Personal Statement from Dr. Waldman
“Our goal at Waldman Schantz Plastic Surgery Center is to make the entire surgical experience convenient and comfortable for our patients and to achieve surgical results that look “natural”. If you have any questions while visiting our website, I encourage you to contact us using the information request form found on this website. I, or one of my staff, will provide an answer to your question within twenty-four hours. Of course, the best way to determine which solutions may meet your specific needs is a personal consultation with Dr. Schantz, Dr. Turner, or myself in our office. We look forward to meeting you!” – S. Randolph Waldman, M.D.