Dr. Stephen A. Schantz graduated from Franklin and Marshall College in Pennsylvania where he majored in biology. He studied medicine at Hahnemann University School of Medicine in Philidelphia, PA. While at Hahnemann University, Dr. Schantz received two William Fowler Scholarships for academic excellence.
Dr. Schantz did his residency in general surgery at the University of Kentucky Medical Center. He was accepted into one of the only few integrated plastic surgery residencies established in the country.
He completed his plastic surgery residency at the University of Kentucky. He was trained in plastic surgery by Drs. Henry Vasconez, James Lovett, Jozeph Zoldos, and the distinguished faculty of the University of Kentucky Plastic Surgery Division.
Dr. Schantz completed specialized cosmetic surgery training at the Marina Plastic Surgery Center in Los Angeles, California. He was trained by the distinguished Dr. W. Grant Stevens who is on the academic staff of both University of Southern California and University of California at Los Angeles. Dr. Schantz received specialized training in all aspects of cosmetic surgery during his fellowship including facelift, browlift, liposuction, power assisted liposuction, breast augmentation, breast reduction, laser-assisted breast reduction and lifts, abdominoplasty, and laser resurfacing.
- Hahnemann University School of Medicine
- Franklin & Marshall College, Undergraduate in Biology
Professional Memberships & Certification
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- University of Kentucky, Plastic Surgery Division – Residency in General Surgery with Integrated Plastic Surgery Training
- Marina Plastic Surgery Center, Los Angeles, CA – Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery
- Samaritan Hospital, Plastic Surgery Staff
- Georgetown Community Hospital, Plastic Surgery Staff
- Maxwell Outpatient Surgery Center, Plastic Surgery Staff
- Dr. Schantz was one of four physicians selected globally to travel to Sweden for specialized training on a new breast augmentation technique and implant by Mentor Corporation.