As we age, certain areas of the body can accumulate fat that is hard to lose, in spite of a healthy diet and vigorous exercise. The neck is one such area. Fat deposits in the neck can detract from the appearance of the entire body, making a younger person seem older, or a fit person seem out of shape. Liposuction can give this area a new streamlined contour, enhancing the effect of facial features and improving the profile. Neck liposuction produces consistently good results, and has a particularly high satisfaction rate.
- Neck Liposuction Before & After Photos
- Who is a candidate for submental liposuction?
- What results can I expect from the Submental Liposuction Procedure?
- How long is the recovery period after Submental Liposuction?
- Where is the surgery performed?
- What are other options that would help enhance the outcome of the Submental Liposuction?
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
The face and neck are usually the first features we notice when we meet someone new, so improvements in this area can create a dramatic change. A firm, trim neck gives the face a more youthful look. Sometimes just having this neck liposuction done provides an incentive to make healthier lifestyle choices, and maintain fitness in the rest of the body. Patients who have been self-conscious about their bulging necklines often feel more comfortable wearing a range of clothing and jewelry styles after liposuction.
Who is a candidate for submental liposuction?
- If you are self-conscious about a bulging neckline.
- If you are uncomfortable in your clothing due to excess fat of the neck.
- If you limit yourself on the styles of jewelry/clothing you will wear due to excess fat of the neck.
What results can I expect from the Submental Liposuction Procedure?
- A permanent improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated area.
- Being more comfortable wearing a wide range of jewelry and clothing.
- A more youthful appearance.
I would highly recommend Dr Waldman. I am exceptionally pleased with the results of my face lift and have virtually no visible scars. The care he and his staff take with their patients is outstanding!
How long is the recovery period after Submental Liposuction?
Most of the bruising and swelling should subside within three weeks. You should be able to return to work within a week, or even within a few days if your work is fairly sedentary. Remember that you will be wearing the compression band for several weeks after your surgery to ensure that your neck stays firmly shaped. You should see visible results of your surgery within two or three weeks, but the full effects may not be evident for six months to a year.
Where is the surgery performed?
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis in our fully accredited state of the art surgical suite. It is performed under local anesthesia with deep sedation. You will be allowed to return home within a few hours of the surgery, and spend the night in the comfort of your own home.
What are other options that would help enhance the outcome of the Submental Liposuction?
Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Filler Injections, Lip Augmentation, Chin Augmentation, and CO2 Laser Skin Rejuvenation.