As the name implies, this is virtually just a smaller version of the full face lift. Typically this is a procedure which we recommend for the 35 to 50 year old patient who is concerned mostly about loose skin along the jawline and less about skin laxity involving the mid to lower portion of the neck. It allows Dr. Waldman to lift the lower 1/3 to ½ of the face significantly with very little down time. During the procedure, Dr. Waldmanmakes a short incision in front of the ear allowing him to re-suspend the tissues under the skin. He then removes the excess and re drapes the overlying skin to smooth out the wrinkles and redefine the jaw line. At times we also will combine the mini-lift procedure with liposuction under the chin (submentum) or under the jaw line in the upper portion of the neck. Use of a silastic chin implant is also another option in some cases. The result of this surgery is a younger, fresher looking face with less recovery time than the traditional lower face and neck lift.
- If you have experienced sagginess in the cheek area.
- If you have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you have a tired facial appearance.